Skymed Commercial Medical Air Escorts
In some situations, utilizing a Air Ambulance to transport a person in need may not be the most optimal or cost effective method. This is why Skymed has created a new division called Skymed Commercial Escorts which solely focuses on commercial medical air escorts.
An unexpected illness or injury during your travels may prove to be one of the most stressful situations you will ever have to deal with. Getting home to familiar faces and loved ones has just become a complex event requiring special care and planning by medical professionals and support staff with extensive knowledge of the international and domestic commercial transport industry. We are your solution for an all-inclusive plan to get you where you need to be.
Skymed Specializes In Commercial Air Transportation
As commercial medical escort and travel companion specialists, we provide an affordable alternative to Air Ambulance services for patients in non-critical conditions needing long distance transport to worldwide destinations on commercial airlines.
Our transport solution includes:
- Booking of all worldwide airline flights to transport the patient, including arrangement of special assistance needs and medical clearances prior to flight
- Continuous care throughout transport by medical staff experienced in emergency and critical care
- First/Business class seating for greater comfort during travel
- FAA approved oxygen and medical equipment
- 24/7 Communication Center for around-the-clock flight following and updates
- Ambulance or private sedan ground transportation
- Travel arrangements for accompanying family members
What Type of Patients Do We Transport on Commercial Flights?
With our Commercial Medical Escort service, we transport patients in non-critical conditions who meet the following criteria:
- Medically cleared by their treating physician to fly with an accompanying medical companion
- Supplemental oxygen therapy does not exceed 5 liters per minute
- Free of contagious disease
- Free from conditions involving trapped gases (pneumothorax, bowel obstruction, gas embolism, etc.)
- Able to sit secured and upright in aircraft seating during taxi, takeoff and landing (unless being transported by stretcher)
Our commercial medical travel companion service puts you first with a personalized touch to give you peace of mind during your journey home.